Invisalign® is clear and practically invisible.
- Unobtrusive in business meetings or social gatherings
- No metal wires or bands to irritate your mouth
- Most people won't notice you're wearing aligners
Over one million patients, many whom are adults, have benefited from Invisalign®. Invisalign® offers the clinical outcomes people want, all with a removable appliance that's virtually undetectable when worn. It's an ideal solution for the majority of adults.
Invisalign Teen® is the only clear orthodontic aligner therapy designed to address the unique concerns of treating non-adult comprehensive patients. Because aligners are removable, patients can continue to eat their favorite foods and brush and floss normally to help keep teeth and gums healthy.
Invisalign Teen® has all the features of Invisalign® Full, plus:
- Compliance indicators track the patient's approximate wear time and help provide reassurance for parents that the teen is being compliant.
- Six free individual replacement aligners are included with Invisalign Teen® to replace lost or broken aligners.
- Many teens present for treatment with erupting permanent dentition, so Invisalign Teen® has been engineered with a feature to help prevent supra eruption of the second molars.
What do aligners look like?
Aligners are clear and nearly invisible. If you've ever seen clear teeth-whitening trays, that should give you a good idea of what the aligners look like. Invisalign® aligners are custom-made to fit and move your teeth.
Will the treatment be painful?
Each time you change to a new aligner, there may be some temporary discomfort while your teeth adjust to their new position. This is completely normal, and is a good sign that the treatment is working.
Will wearing Invisalign® aligners affect my speech?
Some people are affected more than others, but most adjust in a short period of time to the feeling of the aligners and do not have permanent changes in their speech.
How often will I have to wear my aligners?
Invisalign® only works while you're wearing the aligners. It's recommended that you wear your aligners full-time, day and night, except to eat, brush, and floss your teeth.
What happens after treatment to prevent my teeth from moving again?
This varies person to person and depends on the outcome of the treatment. Some patients might need a positioner, or conventional retainer. Other patients might need a clear plastic retainer.
Lawrence C. Lee, DDS would love to meet you and your family and provide you with the dental care you need and give you all the smiles you deserve! Our office provides the dental care you need to achieve the beautiful, natural look you seek. We can even reshape your natural teeth to make them straighter and more youthful. Our office is easily accessible and makes it convenient to those living near Hayward to get the care they deserve.